Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ page). Below, we have tried to answer the most common questions visitors to this Web site may have. If you find that your question is not answered on this page, please email us email@example.com or call us on at 5984 4322.
Why choose an APA Physio?
All physiotherapists registered to practise in Australia are qualified to provide safe, effective health care. Physiotherapists who are members of the Australian Physiotherapy Association make an extra commitment to quality health care.
APA physiotherapists are required to undertake continuing professional development programs to keep themselves up to date and to abide by a Code of Conduct which sets out expected standards of professional conduct. These are important commitments to quality health care and are important points to remember when you are choosing your physiotherapist.
What to expect in a one hour massage treatment
When you visit the Massage Therapist for a 1 hour massage, your 1 hour session will include most or all of the following;
- History taking and discussion of any present or past problems
- What to expect from the treatment
- Clinical assessment (less important if you have been referred directly from your physio)
- Various massage techniques dependent upon your presenting complaint
- May include the use of hot/cold packs
- Education on stretching and postural issues
- Discuss how you feel after the treatment and what to expect for the next 1-2 days
- Reassess clinical tests
- Time for re-dressing, payment and re-booking if required
New patients to the clinic are always booked for 1 hour, whereas follow up consultations are not so involved so can be booked for half an hour.
Please note that in order to provide you with the best results, often you will be required to undress to an appropriate state. Often this means your underwear. Where possible if you come in appropriate clothing less time will be required for undressing/dressing.
We look forward to providing you with excellent service and treatment in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Should you have any further queries please ask one of our friendly team members.